Wednesday, May 29, 2013

#88 Some Like It Hot (1959)

I remember hearing or reading somewhere that this is the funniest movie ever made. I don't agree. This movie just gets its laughs from dressing a couple of guys to look like girls, and then throw the only character Marilyn Monroe seems to ever play and that's the movie. I did laugh a couple of times, which is better than most movies that came out in the 50s so I guess there's that. I am just not all that impressed because a comedy is supposed to make me laugh, and there just wasn't enough. Certainly the story couldn't carry this movie, and maybe this was original when it came out, but not when I am looking back from 2013.
"Real diamonds! They must be worth their weight in gold!" -Sugar

Have you seen this movie? What movie should I watch next?
Follow +Andrew Gaudet's blog as we both watch our way to the top 250.
Back to the current list.

No comments:

Post a Comment