Monday, May 20, 2013

#63 The Green Mile (1999)

I try to watch movies all at one time so I can appreciate them as the filmmaker intended, but with this film, +Leslie Roskovich woke up halfway through it, and when I told her what I was watching she said, "I wish you hadn't told me what you are watching because now I might have a nightmare." After hearing that, I was not going to play it any more while she was awake, and I also questioned what I was watching.
This really is an incredible movie. It explores areas with a realism that is sadly authentic. I knew nothing about it before I watched it except that it is sad, and it is. Definitely worth a watch, but be prepared to be sad. The movie is not what you think it is, and I will just leave it at that. I think this is now the saddest movie I have ever seen with Forrest Gump in second. That Tom Hanks guy gets me. Go see it and be sad.
"On the day of my judgment, when I stand before God, and He asks me why did I kill one of his true miracles, what am I gonna say? That it was my job? My job?" -Paul 

Have you seen this movie? What did you think?
What movie should I watch next?
Follow +Andrew Gaudet's blog as we both watch our way to the top 250.
Back to the current list.

No comments:

Post a Comment