Tuesday, May 21, 2013

#48 The Pianist (2002)

I had no idea what this movie was about. I assumed it would be boring, and one of the last movies I would watch. Then I happened across a blurb about it, and realized it was about Warsaw during WWII. One would think by now that Nazi genre movies would be a little over done, and maybe that is true, but there is something about that era that is so intriguing, So many stories to tell. Apparently this story is based off of a true story. It is a story of a Jew trying to survive the Holocaust. This movie is well done and has a great pace. Obviously it is a sad movie, but I don't think it was as more sad than Schindler's List if you want some sort of comparison.
And why is Adrien Brody someone who I always hear his name, but never see him? Is there an explanation for this?
"They all want to be better Nazis than Hitler." -Szpilman

Have you seen this movie? What did you think?
What movie should I watch next?
Follow +Andrew Gaudet's blog as we both watch our way to the top 250.
Back to the current list.

No comments:

Post a Comment