Thursday, May 16, 2013

#164 Life of Brian (1979)

Maybe this isn't fair of me, but I can't help but to compare Life of Brian with The Holy Grail since they are both done by Monty Python. With that being said, The Holy Grail is one of my favorite movies of all time so it would be hard for Life of Brian to compete. I will say that it held its own, and maybe me laugh with some solid unexpected jokes. I was laughing like I laughed in The Holy Grail, but just not nearly as often. This is a story about Brian, the boy that was born in the next stable over from Jesus. It is worth a watch if you want some good laughs and you are in a silly mood.
I also think, like the Holy Grail, this is a movie that makes you laugh more each time you watch it.
Perhaps my favorite exchange is found in this video. It is about two minutes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n3LL338aGA

Brian: "You have to be different!"
The crowd says in unison: "Yes, we are all different!"

Have you seen this movie? What did you think?
What movie should I watch next?
Follow +Andrew Gaudet's blog as we both watch our way to the top 250.

No comments:

Post a Comment