Wednesday, May 15, 2013

#42 North by Northwest (1959)

I was really looking forward to watching this movie because of the limited Hitchcock movies that I have seen, I like them. I still like Psycho better, but I guess that is why North by Northwest is lower on the list. There was suspense. A pretty good story, and decent acting (all the acting in old movies seem overdone). Quick question for anyone alive in the 50s. Did people really wear coat and ties that much? Everywhere I looked in these old films people are wearing suits.
Overall, if you are just looking for a good movie to watch with an iconic Mt. Rushmore chase scene, check this movie out, and watch how fast the movie goes from climax to ending credits.
Favorite quote: "I've got a job, a secretary, a mother, two ex-wives and several bartenders that depend upon me, and I don't intend to disappoint them all by getting myself "slightly" killed."
"That's funny, that plane's dustin' crops where there ain't no crops."

Have you seen this movie? What did you think?
What movie should I watch next?
Follow +Andrew Gaudet's blog as we both watch our way to the top 250.

No comments:

Post a Comment