Wednesday, May 22, 2013

#47 The Shining (1980)

This is the third and final Stephen King movie on the top 250. #63 The Green Mile and #1 The Shawshank Redemption were incredible movies. I guess when 35 movies are based off of your novels, a couple of them have to strike gold. Anyways, I always thought Stephen King only wrote suspense novels like The Shining until I started working on this list. Anyways, The Shining is a mind-bending suspenseful movie. I think this movie must have been completely original when it came out, but it doesn't completely feel that way today. This is probably because I played Silent Hill, which clearly built off of what this movie did. Or maybe this is because I saw the ending to this movie a long time ago so there is no way I could get too emotionally involved. The movie is still good, and if you are in the mood for suspense, pick this up. Jack Nicholson is great at being a crazy person!
"Here's Johnny." -Jack

Have you seen this movie? What did you think?
What movie should I watch next?
Follow +Andrew Gaudet's blog as we both watch our way to the top 250.
Back to the current list.

1 comment:

  1. "I'm not a crazy person, but I play one in the Staples Center."

    ReplyDelete