Wednesday, May 29, 2013

#34 Memento (2000)

So the more I watch anything from Christopher Nolan, the more I think he will be known as one of the top five filmmakers of all time. Even though he has made franchise type films like the Batman series (#105 Batman Begins, #7 Dark Knight, and #49 Dark Knight Rises), which seem to usually make money but doesn't make much in the critical praise department. I know that the new Batman series is one of the most incredible series ever, and it stands head and shoulders above any other comic book series. Then I watched #14 Inception, and thought that movie was original and very interesting. Then I found out he also did #68 The Prestige, which blew my mind when I watched it, and it is one of my favorite movies. What makes Nolan also interesting is that he and his brother write the screenplay. That's impressive. Maybe that means he has more invested in the film. This is the same approach as Stanley Kubrick, and he apparently had great success. Nolan has two new films in the works and one of them is Superman. I don't really like Superman, but maybe I will check it out just because it is Nolan. He has only done eight films and six of them are on the top 250. So imagine my surprise when his named popped up when I put this movie in. I knew this movie would be awesome, and also +Leslie Roskovich told me as much. This was confirmed when I watched it. I don't want to say much, but if this doesn't strike your curiosity, then you are dumb. The entire movie is backwards. I have never heard of another movie like this. This movie definitely scores points for originality. Please watch this movie. It is a mind-bending experience, and worth your time. You have never seen anything like it.
"I don't want to wake up in the morning, thinking she's still here. I lie here not knowing... how long I've been alone. So how... how can I heal? How am I supposed to heal if I can't... feel time?" -Leonard

Have you seen this movie? What movie should I watch next?
Follow +Andrew Gaudet's blog as we both watch our way to the top 250.
Back to the current list.

No comments:

Post a Comment