Friday, May 10, 2013

#221 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011)

This one had to be one of the first for me to watch. I watched the first seven movies, and I read the last two books. I needed to see the last movie to finish up the series. I wasn't completely looking forward to it though because after I read the last book, I was quite disappointed to the ending. I am not spoiling anything on here about the movies I watch, but I really feel the ending was deus ex machina-esque and really let me down after all the hours I invested into it.
So I watched it, and there is not really much to report back. This is obviously not a movie you just watch by itself. It felt like the other movies, and the story really felt like Rawlings was trying to tie up every knot she threw out in her other books, but had no real plan to do it. It was entertaining, but I don't know I would recommend watching seven movies just so you can watch this one. If you want an epic series to watch, Lord of the Rings is incredible.
"Harry Potter, the boy who lived... come to die. Avada Kedavra!" -Lord Voldemort

At least I was able to watch Harry fight our governor.
Have you seen this movie? What did you think?
What movie should I watch next?

1 comment: