Friday, May 10, 2013

#114 Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939)

This movie was always in my parent's movie cabinet. I never watched it. This movie was incredible! It was rivetting. It was really pretty fast paced for an older movie. It even felt relatively progressive for a 1939 movie. There was a strong and intelligent woman character who was was wonderful, and there was even a black kid with the other boys helping print papers.
I obviously have no idea if Washington is like this, but it's a fun to think about it. As of now in my journey of watching the top 250, this movie deserves to be in the top 50.
"You think I'm licked. You all think I'm licked. Well, I'm not licked. And I'm going to stay right here and fight for this lost cause." -Mr. Smith

Have you seen this movie? What did you think?
What movie should I watch next?

1 comment:

  1. I always thought you'd like this movie. Glad you finally got to see it!

    ReplyDelete