Wednesday, May 29, 2013

#146 Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969)

So two straight westerns in a row! This is apparently based on a true story, but as I read about it later, it is pretty loosely based on a true story. I think this movie felt like a rambling person telling a story. Maybe they were trying to be honest with the storyline, and as a result there seemed to be no real plot excepting looking at these two robbers. Overall, I don't think this movie was that enjoyable, but the characters were fun. Also, this movie makes me understand Blazing Saddles a little more, and especially Gene Wilder's character, Waco Kid. I just think I am not into westerns that much.
Butch Cassidy: "Move in slowly, check out everything. The thing to remember..."
Sundance Kid: "Don't tell me how to rob a bank. I know how to rob a bank."

Have you seen this movie? What movie should I watch next?
Follow +Andrew Gaudet's blog as we both watch our way to the top 250.
Back to the current list.

No comments:

Post a Comment