Wednesday, May 22, 2013

#57 Double Indemnity (1944)

This movie was an absolute treat to watch! There is no way I would ever watch this movie if it hadn't been for this list, and it is movies like this that make me happy that I am doing this list. Sure it has the overacting (maybe everyone talked like that in the 40s) that all old movies have, but that doesn't make it a bad movie. This movie has a great plot, pace, and suspense! There are twists, turns, and really short ties! Also, there are lots of great quotes but I will just share one.
"Well, I get darn sick of tryin' to pick up after a gang of fast-talking salesmen dumb enough to sell life insurance to a guy who sleeps in the same bed with four rattlesnakes." -Keyes

Have you seen this movie? What did you think?
What movie should I watch next?
Follow +Andrew Gaudet's blog as we both watch our way to the top 250.
Back to the current list.

No comments:

Post a Comment