Monday, May 20, 2013

#40 Alien (1979)



I must say that I was surprised when I saw this movie was on the top 250. I always figured it was a mindless movie filled with action and some horror. I still don't claim the story is good, but I have a newfound respect for this movie. It was suspenseful, well done, and not the kind of horror I was expecting. It is hard to explain, but the pace of the movie feels very interesting. It is nothing like I thought it was going to be. The other thing about this movie is considering the time period. This is only two years after Star Wars so I think it is fair to compare the visual effects to it, and I must say that Alien is done very well. I bet this movie was groundbreaking when it came out. I would suggest this movie.
"It's got a great defense mechanism... you don't dare kill it..." -Parker

Have you seen this movie? What did you think?
What movie should I watch next?
Follow +Andrew Gaudet's blog as we both watch our way to the top 250.
Back to the current list.

No comments:

Post a Comment