Friday, May 17, 2013

#70 To Kill a Mockingbird (1962)

This was an excellent movie! This goes to show that a movie with a great story can completely carry a movie. This movie was so good, they should make a book out of it, and make all high schoolers read it. Before I watched this movie, I never read the book or even heard the story so this was a movie with complete first impressions! Obviously there are valuable lessons to be learned from this movie, but just everything about it was so good. This movie definitely deserves to be higher on the list. Maybe I am partial because the hero in the movie is a lawyer. There are a lot of movies that I feel you have to have lived through that era to fully appreciate it, but this is not one of them. Classic. Sorry for the long quote, but so much of his closing argments were so good! Watch it!
"I have nothing but pity in my heart for [her]. She is the victim of cruel poverty and ignorance. But my pity does not extend so far as to her putting a man's life at stake, which she has done in an effort to get rid of her own guilt... in this country, our courts are the great levelers. In our courts, all men are created equal. I'm no idealist to believe firmly in the integrity of our courts and of our jury system - that's no ideal to me. That is a living, working reality!" -Atticus

Have you seen this movie? What did you think?
What movie should I watch next?
Follow +Andrew Gaudet's blog as we both watch our way to the top 250.
Back to the current list.

No comments:

Post a Comment