Friday, March 14, 2014

#197 Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966)

I was excited about watching this movie because it is based off of a play just like A Streetcar Named Desire and Witness for the Prosecution. The latter is one of my favorite movies, and the former was good but not the best. To be honest, I get tired of the old fashion acting style. It is so over-the-top. Not all of the movies are this way, just some of them. Sunset Blvd. comes to mind. Anyways, it is hard to follow a story when everyone keeps shouting everything. 
The story was dark. Part of me was shocked how dark it was, but then again I think I was just surprised considering it was in black and white and a dark story, but it was made in 1966. A Clockwork Orange was made in 1971 and was one, if not the most, shocking movie I have ever seen. So when you consider the year, I guess the story isn't that shocking. The story was strange. The dialogue was decently witty (as you would expect from a play). It felt like someone wanted to remake A Streetcar Named Desire but update it a little. I probably wouldn't watch this again; though it was fun to watch Elizabeth Taylor because I always hear that name.
What's with everyone wearing suits? Even at 3AM?

"I'm loud and I'm vulgar, and I wear the pants in the house because somebody's got to, but I am not a monster. I'm not." -Martha

Have you seen this movie? What movie should I watch next?
Follow +Andrew Gaudet's blog as we both watch our way to the top 250.
Back to the current list

No comments:

Post a Comment