Sunday, September 1, 2013

#226 A Streetcar Named Desire (1951)

Considering when this movie was made, it is surprisingly shocking! This movie fits more appropriately in the middle to late 60s. I don't know if this is just Tennessee Williams's style or what. I don't know enough about him. Apparently he finished writing this playwright in Key West. At least this is what a lady who took +Leslie Roskovich and I on a bike tour said.
His story really explored some (at least as far as I know) taboo topics for the time. Also just like #102 Witness for the Prosecution, because this was originally a playwright, the story really carries the movie. Leslie mentioned how the entire movie almost takes place in one house, and the movie could still be entertaining is quite impressive. I say this movie is worth a quick watch.
"I know I fib a good deal. After all, a woman's charm is 50% illusion." -Blanche

Have you seen this movie? What movie should I watch next?
Follow +Andrew Gaudet's blog as we both watch our way to the top 250.
Back to the current list

No comments:

Post a Comment