Friday, May 24, 2013

#117 On the Waterfront (1954)

I randomly picked this movie by the title alone. I had no idea this movie was so famous (especially the quote below), and I have never heard of it. If you like union/gangster movies, this is a great one. The main problem I have with older movies is the ridiculous overacting, but I didn't really notice that as much in this movie. It felt authentic. I was talking to +Leslie Roskovich about watching older movies, and what I like about it is that it is like looking through a window to the past. I know it is a fictional story, but it still gives you a look back to the past with at least some authenticity. Check this movie out. It is definitely worth your time. It is available on Hulu+ if you subscribe.
"I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody,
 instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it." -Terry

Have you seen this movie? What movie should I watch next?
Follow +Andrew Gaudet's blog as we both watch our way to the top 250.
Back to the current list.

No comments:

Post a Comment