Wednesday, May 29, 2013

#110 For a Few Dollars More (1965)

100th movie seen! 150 to go.
I think, besides Blazing Saddles, this is the first western movie I have ever completed. Of course I would start off with a Clint Eastwood film. I will say that I was very intrigued by this movie in the beginning. It was a riveting storyline, and the characters were introduced in a very intriguing way. I liked it. I also like the sort of dual protagonist approach. The movie began to lose me when it began to become unbelievable. Their shooting was over-the-top accurate. They wouldn't even look down the sights of a handgun and shoot unbelievable distances with incredible accuracy. I can't enjoy that. Plus the story started getting over-the-top as well. The music was wonderful, and Clint Eastwood and Lee Van Cleef were pretty cool though. The movie made me want to shave my beard down to scruff again.
"I was worried about you - all alone, with so many problems to solve..." -Douglas

Have you seen this movie? What movie should I watch next?
Follow +Andrew Gaudet's blog as we both watch our way to the top 250.
Back to the current list.

No comments:

Post a Comment