Sunday, July 14, 2013

#44 Django Unchained (2012)

If you like Quentin Tarantino, I guess you will like this movie. To me, this was one of my least favorite Tarantino movies. Also, I am getting kind of tired of his movies just being bloody revenge movies. I think what was so great about Tarantino in the past was that he made such unique movies. But now, they are just starting to feel rehashed. Even if the plots are feeling unoriginal, I must say that the characters are always refreshingly original. Christoph Waltz deserves an award for his acting. Maybe he won? Let me check... yeah, he won an Academy Award for his role (also won for best screenplay. they also deserved this award. very good script). He deserved it. He was amazing in Inglourious Basterds as well. He really has been the saving moment for Tarantino. Anyways, watch this if you like Tarantino. Be warned that this one of the most violent movies I have ever watched, which I think is why I thought it was a little off putting. If you like revenge movies and gore, watch it.
"Mister Candie, normally I would say 'Auf wiedersehen,' but since what 'auf wiedersehen' actually means is 'till I see you again', and since I never wish to see you again, to you, sir, I say goodbye." -Dr. King Schultz

Have you seen this movie? What movie should I watch next?
Follow +Andrew Gaudet's blog as we both watch our way to the top 250.
Back to the current list.

No comments:

Post a Comment